Not sure if I'm doing this FFXIV right
So, lately I've been trying to make money. I've made a decent ammount of it, enough to be self-sufficient at this point, but I was imagining I'd be making a lot more money, or at least, things to sell faster than they do.
Here's where I am at the moment with the money I've made:
- All crafts to 50 with their Lv50 tool;
- CRP and ALC with Artisan, CUL with Supra;
- CRP, ALC and WVR to 3 star, CUL to 4 star;
- Crafters' Rightside + Belt is fully melded, leftside is Talan's artisan.
- Botanist with Lucis and 3star gathering;
- Botanist is decently melded (missing GP melds, but I have not much need for them), with Forager's body and off-hand, rest is job gear HQ.)
Most of the FFXIV Gil came from Botanist gathers, but they seem to have died off now and since I have the Botanist crafts leveled and geared, I tried my hand at crafting, but it seems to be really slow, even though the profit is nice.
I've tried selling Terminus Putty; Perfect Firewood; Ancient Lumber; Perfect Pounce; and then the mats I have overstocked like Scarlet Sap; Cypress Logs, Ebony Logs; Crawler Cocoons (These sell really fast but the profit isn't very big); Trillium Bulbs when they're hot; Dzemael Tomatoes; etc etc etc.
Nothing really fulfills my niche.
- Terminus Putty came close, but it's the kinda item that you have to sell individually, and it sells in peaks, but not consistently.
- I thought Zodiac Items would be awesome to sell and so I invested a bit of time and money on them, but again, they don't sell as fast as I'd like, but then again, I haven't invested in them as much as I have with Putty. Maybe I'd give it a try.
- The mats sell nicely, but they're not big money, I'd make more money turning them into crafts and selling them.
- I'm going to try my hand at CUL next, it's my main craft and really what I enjoy most, but I cook mainly for myself, and it seems like the people on my server don't really use a lot of food, from what I've gathered.
Any advice you guys can give me on this?
Xenosan's Advice:You should try your hand at sachetorte fo sho, bacon broth too. but 2,3,4 star synths aren't always going to be your money makers, you could be making gil from any of your crafting classes.
My approach is not to fall into a niche. Some of my consistent sellers are categories/items I would not have guessed and had just attempted as tests. But I don't think you want to move yourself into that corner where you're only relying on one item or category.
I use the favorites feature in the craft menu specifically for the purpose of selecting items I haven't tried synth > selling with yet, and change it up a lot.
imo if you wanna see an increase it would be getting your miner and fisher to 50 too, the fishing 50 would let you have a fishing retainer for those harder mats (esp if you wanna cook, going to be at a disadvantage to the competition if you don't have at least 1 fishing retainer), and the miner will let you craft in Mor Dhona, gathering clusters every 4 ingame hours
Final Batch of FFXIV Patch 3.3 - Anima Weapon Update
Final Fantasy XIV patch 3.3 will be dropping on June 7, and Square Enix has released, via Square Portal, one last batch of FFXIV screenshots to show off what’s new in the new content update.
It's Dangerous To Go Alone, Take Me!
I've been playing FFxiv for a while now, with two level 50s on my alt Steam account though I've since switched over to the non-steam version for eases sake.
Final Fantasy XIV Master Feedback
As for blacklist, while that is a common suggestion, it's not actually a solution. In fact, while we're on the topic of feedback for GMs, the suggestion
Warrior is considered the BEST tank in the Final Fantasy XIV
It is unlikely to stay this way after the expansion, though, due to the incredibly high viability which Warrior has benefited from through all of FFXIV Heavensward
We need stuff like that SE
Okay so, I read the preliminary patch notes for 3.1, and for the most part they aren't bad, but I noticed a few things that appeared to be missing, that I know a lot of people have been asking about.
ffxiv update patch 3.55a is slated to be released on Feb. 28
The new "Final Fantasy XIV" update patch is scheduled to be released next week. The new update patch is tagged as patch 3.55a and is slated to be released on Feb. 28.