Not sure if I'm doing this FFXIV right
So, lately I've been trying to make money. I've made a decent ammount of it, enough to be self-sufficient at this point, but I was imagining I'd be making a lot more money, or at least, things to sell faster than they do.
Here's where I am at the moment with the money I've made:
- All crafts to 50 with their Lv50 tool;
- CRP and ALC with Artisan, CUL with Supra;
- CRP, ALC and WVR to 3 star, CUL to 4 star;
- Crafters' Rightside + Belt is fully melded, leftside is Talan's artisan.
- Botanist with Lucis and 3star gathering;
- Botanist is decently melded (missing GP melds, but I have not much need for them), with Forager's body and off-hand, rest is job gear HQ.)
Most of the FFXIV Gil came from Botanist gathers, but they seem to have died off now and since I have the Botanist crafts leveled and geared, I tried my hand at crafting, but it seems to be really slow, even though the profit is nice.
I've tried selling Terminus Putty; Perfect Firewood; Ancient Lumber; Perfect Pounce; and then the mats I have overstocked like Scarlet Sap; Cypress Logs, Ebony Logs; Crawler Cocoons (These sell really fast but the profit isn't very big); Trillium Bulbs when they're hot; Dzemael Tomatoes; etc etc etc.
Nothing really fulfills my niche.
- Terminus Putty came close, but it's the kinda item that you have to sell individually, and it sells in peaks, but not consistently.
- I thought Zodiac Items would be awesome to sell and so I invested a bit of time and money on them, but again, they don't sell as fast as I'd like, but then again, I haven't invested in them as much as I have with Putty. Maybe I'd give it a try.
- The mats sell nicely, but they're not big money, I'd make more money turning them into crafts and selling them.
- I'm going to try my hand at CUL next, it's my main craft and really what I enjoy most, but I cook mainly for myself, and it seems like the people on my server don't really use a lot of food, from what I've gathered.
Any advice you guys can give me on this?
Xenosan's Advice:You should try your hand at sachetorte fo sho, bacon broth too. but 2,3,4 star synths aren't always going to be your money makers, you could be making gil from any of your crafting classes.
My approach is not to fall into a niche. Some of my consistent sellers are categories/items I would not have guessed and had just attempted as tests. But I don't think you want to move yourself into that corner where you're only relying on one item or category.
I use the favorites feature in the craft menu specifically for the purpose of selecting items I haven't tried synth > selling with yet, and change it up a lot.
imo if you wanna see an increase it would be getting your miner and fisher to 50 too, the fishing 50 would let you have a fishing retainer for those harder mats (esp if you wanna cook, going to be at a disadvantage to the competition if you don't have at least 1 fishing retainer), and the miner will let you craft in Mor Dhona, gathering clusters every 4 ingame hours
A crit in FFXIV is +50% extra damage as default
From what I understand, a crit in FFXIV is +50% extra damage as default (though players can increase their amount via crit rating), so a boss that auto attacks for 3000 could potentially crit you at any time for 4500
I just went to do T9 for the first time via FFXIV Duty Finder
So I just went to do T9 for the first time via FFXIV DF. I had checked out a video beforehand, but it was so much to remember that I knew it would have to be learned bit by bit as there was no way to remember every mechanic from every phase in one go
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 3.3 Trailer Discussion
In a turnabout from 3.1 and 3.2 the Main Scenario Quest segment is first, consisting of nothing but Aymeric seemingly trying to get Hraesvelgr to finally get off his feathery arse and help us, and the fierce Battle on the Big Br- er, the Final Steps of Faith
FF14GilHub Is Offering Final Fantasy FFXIV Gil at Affordable Prices
Using Gils during game play is the most excellent way to stand a better possibility of winning. Gil is the in-game currency of FFXIV that allows game players to use power ups and acquire new skills.
The rigidity of FFXIV - Why do people defend this?
It was literally just another way of completing it. I can make up for the lack of skill of one part of the team by applying my own skill. Which is something you usually can't or won't do in FFXIV
World Transfers before Heavensward?
So I would like to know if SE is considering any kind of special world transfer service before the release of FFXIV Heavensward to relieve some of these problems